Would you like to get experience working with a diverse group of people, and Social Care skills for your CV?
Do you want to volunteer to help people who have health conditions, Alzheimer’s, a learning disability or mental health condition?
Why not join Wandsworth Carers’ Centre’s new service: Providing support to a person with care needs, so their relative or friend can have a break?
- Providing companionship to a person with care needs on a regular basis, for example 3 hours a week
- Supporting the person with activities they enjoy, like board games, going out for a walk or shopping
- Prompting them to eat or drink as necessary
Benefits to you
- Meet new people and build relationships
- Obtain experience of working with a diverse group of people
- Gain experience in the field of Social Care
- Receive full training
- Expenses provided
- References available upon request (after 3 months)
- Regular supervision with the Volunteer Development Officer provided
To apply, contact Philippa on 020 8675 0811, email firstname.lastname@example.org