Free information, advice, advocacy and support
Our team of Carer Support Workers can provide one to one support with your enquiry, by phone, email or in person at Wandsworth Carers’ Centre.
Support and Information Service
Our Support and Information Service is staffed Monday – Friday, from 10.00am-5.00pm. Give our friendly Support Worker a call to discuss any issue or query you have. They can give you information on our services, benefits, Carers’ rights, grants and more.
Our Support Workers have a range of specialist skills and knowledge to support you in your caring role. They can provide one to one appointments or support you over the phone. They can also offer informal advocacy on a range of issues. Specialist support includes but is not limited to:
- Caring for someone with a Mental Health condition
- Caring for someone who misuses drugs or alcohol, or has a dual diagnosis of mental health and misuses substances
- Caring for someone with a learning disability
- Caring for someone with Dementia including Alzheimer’s
- Carers from the Asian Community
Specialist Information and Advice, including benefits
Our Information and Advice Workers are fully trained and experienced in giving advice on a range of issues for Carers. These include:
- Respite Care
- Getting a break – holidays, respite
- Grants from community organisations
- Advice on community care
Languages spoken in addition to English include Hindi, Punjabi, Gujrati, Urdu, Vietnamese and Cantonese.
All information and advice is free and confidential.