Wandsworth Citizens Advice Bureau is currently running an Energy awareness project, you can make significant savings by becoming energy aware.
- Check your Energy Deal: Once a year your energy supplier will tell you which tariff is cheapest for you. If your circumstances change in the meantime, call your supplier to discuss your options.
- Switch: Visit an accredited independent website to see if you could get your energy cheaper elsewhere. Shopping around could save you hundreds of pounds if you have never switched before. Getting a Duel Fuel deal (buying both your Gas & Electricity together) can be cheaper still. Some websites give customer satisfaction ratings as well as the potential savings.
- Be Energy Aware: Changes in lifestyle to save energy will save money. For example do not leave appliances in stand by.
- Insulate: Insulating cavity walls, topping up loft insulation (current recommended thickness is 270mm), installing double glazing and upgrading your boiler could save your household up to £320 a year. You may be able to get a grant. Call 0300 123 1234 to find out which Government funded schemes are available in your area.
- Winter Fuel Payments: Keep warm this Winter. Check for Winter Fuel Allowences.
- Emergency Fuel Debt Relief: Some funding is available to help with fuel bill debt.
- Struggling to pay your Energy Bill: Get information here >.
Thank you to Wandsworth Citizens Advice Bureau for this information. Contact them to find out more. http://www.wandsworthcabx.org.uk/our-services/energy-project/