Ever wondered how your relative would cope during a power cut?
Power Networks are responsible for maintaining a safe and reliable supply of electricity.
Do you or a relative need extra support during a power cut? UK Power Networks can help, and their services are free to customers who need it.
Who can receive extra support?
- If you rely on medical equipment
- If you have a refrigerated medicines
- If you have a serious or chronic illness
- If you have a disability
- If you or someone you care for is living with dementia
- If you are of pensionable age
- If you have children under five in your household
- If you need extra support for a short time period (e.g If you are recovering from medical treatment)
What Help should I expect to get?
- A priority number that you can call 24 hours a day
- A dedicated team who will contact you to keep you updated during a power cut.
- Tailored support if needed such as home visits, hot meals, advice and keeping your friends and relatives updated
- In certain scenarios we may also offer a free hotel overnight and transport to the hotel
Please visit http://www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk/to find out more about this free support