- 350 grams cooking chocolate
- 240 grams salted butter
- 240 grams plain flour
- 350 grams caster sugar
- 4 large eggs
- Butter a baking tray roughly 33cm by 23 cm. Butter the whole tray and then put a couple of tbsp. of flour on the tray. Take the tray over your sink and shake till there is a thin layer of flour coating the tray. This will stop the brownies from sticking.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Break the chocolate up and put in a saucepan with the butter. Place on a low heat and keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn. Once all the chocolate and butter is melted take off the heat and pour into a bowl to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl measure out the sugar and break in all four eggs. Beat this thoroughly with a wooden spoon. Then add the flour and beat until mixture if fully combined.
- You can now pour in the melted chocolate and butter mixture. If you pour it all in at once, make sure that you stir it gently to begin with. Stir the mixture until the chocolate is fully integrated, making sure you have gone right to the bottom of the mixing bowl with your spoon.
Pour the mixture into your prepared baking tray and bake for 16 minutes, then check they are cooking evenly. For a gooey brownie you want the sides to feel firm. They may need a few more minutes depending on the heat of your oven.