*Helpful video links at bottom of this page
- To start you will need to sign up to Zoom. For this you need a current email address. Here is the link to the sign up page: zoom.us/signup
- You will then receive an email, you need to open this email and click the Activate Account in the email, that will verify your account.
- You now have a Zoom account. The next step is to install the application onto your device.
- The application you require is either the Zoom app for iPhone and android devices. Or if you are on a computer it is referred to as the Zoom Desktop Client.
- This link takes you to the download page for a laptop or desktop computer. Zoom
- Clicking this link should activate the download, as seen in the picture below:
- Once your download is completed, you need to click on the tab in the bottom left hand corner of the page. It is shown below.
- This will take you on to the next screen.
- You need to click on the Run button. If another screen pops up asking for access to run the program you can allow this.
- The Zoom application should now open on your computer.
- You can now start to use Zoom. The below steps will guide you through starting your first meeting, and ensuring your audio and video wher possible are set up correctly.
- To join a meeting, click on the blue icon that says Join. The screen below will then appear. If you are joining a meeting that WCC or one of our Partner Organisation’s has organized we will have sent you a meeting ID in advance.
- If you have received an invitation for a Zoom meeting, you can also access the meeting using that link. The invitation will come through to your emails. Open up the email and click on the link you have received. Below is an example of the link that you will receive via email. This link will take you through to the meeting.
- You will be redirected to the page below, you then need to click Open Zoom us.
- Once you have clicked Open Zoom us, your computer will re-direct you and open your screen up in the application. You will then be asked if you would like to access your audio through your computer. You should click yes for this. It will also ask for permission to access your microphone and camera if you have them. You need to click Allow/Yes for both of these. Once you have done this your screen will look something like the below one, but with your own image.
- You have now successfully got yourself onto a Zoom meeting. The symbols along the bottom of your screen allow you to change settings during the calls/workshops. For any further help with your Zoom set up, please give us a call on 020 877 1200, and one of the team will be able to help you with your questions.