If you are looking after someone, find out about your rights as a Carer and where you can go for financial or practical help.
Our Support and Information Service can help you access information such as:
- Accessing support or information from social services, the mental health trust or substance misuse services
- Information about flexible working
- Eligibility for benefits and Carers allowance
- Information about respite, breaks and access to grants
Carers UK produces a Carers Rights guide every year, which outlines Carers’ essential rights and signpost to what financial and practical help is available.
- Benefits: an overview of which benefits you or the person you can for may be entitled to and information about how to get a benefits check.
- Other financial help: including help with council tax, fuel costs, pensions and health costs.
- Practical help: including community care assessment, carer’s assessment and direct payments.
- Technology: information about health and care technology that could make life easier for you and the person you care for.
- Your workplace: your rights at work, from flexible working and parental leave to protection from discrimination.
- Other help: how to find other help nationally and in your local community.