Opportunity for Carer Representatives
- Wandsworth NHS are currently seeking volunteers to play a key role in helping us shape the future of services for our local NHS.
- As a patient representative, service user, or carer your role will be to attend meetings and speak from a service user perspective, acting as a critical friend
Right Care Best Setting Work stream
The Right Care Best Setting (RCBS) work stream is working to ensure that patients are seen and treated in the most clinically appropriate setting available. The work stream has reviewed a number of patients that have received hospital treatment and has established that a number of patients would benefit either from earlier discharge, or from having their admission avoided completely. The RCBS work stream is working with stakeholders across health and social care to ensure that patients are seen in the most clinically appropriate place. This involves understanding and reviewing care pathways across south west London, and building new ways of working into existing contracts to ensure that patients receive the best possible care at a fair price for the taxpayer.
What does the role involve?
Your role will be to attend meetings to bring in the voice and experience of patients/carers to discussions, acting as an independent critical friend.
Meetings will be held once a month and will usually take place in Wimbledon from 1pm – 3pm.
Reasonable travel and alternative care expenses will be paid. We will support you to participate through: training; induction meetings and one to one support.
You can apply if you:
- Are over 18
- live in Croydon, Kingston, Merton, Sutton, Richmond, Wandsworth or have experience/knowledge of using a service in these areas, and
- can commit to 2 hours every month to attend meetings (out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed); and
- are passionate and committed to improving the quality of care for patients
How to apply?
For more information or to request an information pack please contact Clare Thomas – firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0203 458 5231.
Deadline for applications will be 5pm on Monday 6th February 2017